2. Information We Collect From You: Generally you can access our web services without disclosing personal data to us. It is always your choice whether or not to provide us with your personal data.
If you would like to register or purchase books or other items via our web sites, subscribe to any of our services or contact us via the website, the disclosure of personal data is necessary. This data can include your name, your address, your e-mail and other personal data which is requested by Ryan O'Horne Books in individual cases.
The information we collect from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at ryanohornebooks.com. Here are the types of information we gather:
a. Information You Give Us:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on this website site (www.ryanohornebooks.com). This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive a newsletter, setting up an on-line account or purchasing items from our site. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and if you report a issues you may have using our site.
- information contained in any correspondence you send to us.
- responses to any surveys or testimonials that you complete;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders; and
- details of visits to this website.
- Examples of all the above are: you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you've used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a prize draw entry. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; payment card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; and e-mails to us.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser, to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features, such as the storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits and personalised ads on other Web sites. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
3. Personal Data Security:
- We work to protect the security of your information. All online payments are processed via Global Iris Redirect Payment Page, hosted by Realex Payments (formally HSBC epayments) who are fully accredited with level 1 PCI DSS by Visa and Mastercard; this is the most secure way to pay online.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed securely using Global Iris.
- It's important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer and remember; you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone or store it in an unsecure location.
4. How We May Use Your Information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you of any changes to our site our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods which may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or if requested to do so.
5. Protection Of Ryan O'Horne Books & Others:
6. Third Party Advertisers and/ or Links to Thrid Party Websites:
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
7. Your Rights:
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of ryanohornebooks.com's features such as the Shopping Basket.
- You have the right to access, update and modify your personal data, and to object to its processing. You can exercise this right by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- At any time you may ask us to stop sending you commercial e-mail by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.