Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for the sale of Ryan O'Horne Books and Antiques on the Internet
Any order or use of the website is deemed to constitute acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. USAGE: THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE RYAN OHORNE WEBSITE. BY USING THE WEB SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND SIGNIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEB SITE.
2. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Ryan O'Horne Books may, in its discretion, change, supplement or amend these Terms and Conditions as they relate to your future use of the website from time to time, for any reason, and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person, by posting the modified Terms and Conditions on the website. You may not change, supplement, or amend these Terms and Conditions in any manner. Each time you use the website, you acknowledge and signify that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as they then read.
3. PERMISSION TO USE THE WEBSITE: The Website may be accessed and used only by individuals who are able to enter into legally binding and enforceable contracts. Users of the Website must comply with all applicable laws. Persons in jurisdictions may not use the Website where access to or use of the Website or any part of it may be illegal or prohibited. If you breach any provision of these Terms and Conditions, you may no longer use the Web site. Ryan O'Horne Books may in its discretion refuse permission to access and use the Website.
The Web site is made available to you for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use only. You may access and browse the Web site only using commercially available, SSL-capable Web browser software. You may print or download the pages of the Web site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify any of the pages or other content and you do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, marks, notices, or disclaimers. The Web site and its content may not be copied, imitated, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of Ryan O'Horne Books. You may not reproduce, copy, duplicate, sell, or resell any part of the Web site or access to the Web site.
4. DISCLAIMER: The Web site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, and including without limitation implied conditions, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, performance, durability, security, availability, or accessibility, all of which are hereby disclaimed by Ryan O'Horne Books to the fullest extent permitted by law. You are solely responsible for: (a) obtaining, configuring and maintaining all computer hardware, software, telephone services, and other equipment and services necessary for You to access and use the Website; (b) scanning for and preventing the receipt and transmission of viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other destructive or disruptive components; and (c) maintaining a complete and current backup of all of the data contained on your computer system prior to accessing or using the Website.
Regardless of the nature of the claim or the reasons for the loss and damages, Ryan O;Horne Book's liability is limited to foreseeable and direct damages only. Ryan O'Horne will not under any circumstances be liable to you or any other person for any loss of use, loss of production, loss of income or profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the use of the Website by you or any other person.
In no event will Ryan O'Horne Books' total liability to you or any other person for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses, and costs, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, and regardless of any negligence or other fault or wrong doing by Ryan O'Horne Books or any person for whom Ryan O'Horne Books is responsible, exceed the lesser of £30 or the purchase price of the Item that is the subject of the claim.
The exclusion of certain warranties and the exclusion or limitation of certain liabilities is prohibited by law in some jurisdictions. Such limitations may apply to you. The warranty disclaimer and liability exclusion and limitation clauses survive indefinitely after the termination of this Agreement.
5. SEEKING ADVICE: The Web site is not intended to be a comprehensive or detailed statement concerning the matters addressed; professional or expert advice or recommendations; or an offer or recommendation to sell or buy any book or other item, product or service. You should seek appropriate, qualified professional advice and recommendations before acting or omitting to act based upon any information provided on or though the Web site.
6. COMMUNICATIONS: Communications sent to Ryan O'Horne Books by means of the Website or email are not considered delivered or effective unless and until they are actually received, processed and acknowledged by Ryan O'Horne Books' responsible representative.
7. OWNERSHIP OF THE WEBSITE: Copyright © RYAN O'HORNE BOOKS 2013. All Rights Reserved. The web site and its content (including all information in text, graphical, video and audio forms, images, icons, software, design, applications and other elements available on or through the website) are the property of Ryan O'Horne Books, and are protected by international copyright and other laws. Your use of the website does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the website or its content.
8. EXTERNAL SITES: The website may include advertisements for, and links to, external web sites or resources and businesses operated by other persons, including booksellers ("External Sites"). External Sites are independent from Ryan O'Horne Books, and Ryan O'Horne Books has no responsibility or liability for or control over external sites, their business, goods, services, or content. Links to external sites are provided solely for your convenience. Ryan O'Horne Books does not sponsor or endorse any external sites or their content or the goods or services available through those external sites. Your use of external sites and your dealings with the owners or operators of external sites is at your own risk, and you shall not make any claim against Ryan O'Horne Books arising out of your use of any external sites or your dealings with the owners or operators of any external sites.
9. DELIVERY: Any dates quoted for delivery of orders are approximate only and Ryan O'Horne Books shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the orders howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by Ryan O'Horne Books in writing. Your order will be processed by us by the end of the next working day. UK customers, please allow up to 4 days for delivery for 1st Class and 7 days for 2nd Class; overseas customers please allow up to 12 days for airmail and up to 2 months for surface mail. Delivery charges vary depending on the shipping country and the items to be delivered. Delivery charges are clearly shown in your basket at checkout. For more information please see our delivery and returns page.
Note, a working day is any day other than Saturdays, Sundays and UK Public Holidays.
10. PRICING: Prices are determined by reference to Ryan O'Horne Books price list current at the date of acceptance of the order by Ryan O'Horne Books. All prices given by Ryan O'Horne Books include VAT where applicable. All prices are shown on the website.
11. RECEIPT OF GOODS: Should the customer be dissatisfied upon delivery with any of the goods from Ryan O'Horne Books, we would appreciate contact as soon as possible if goods are faulty in order to facilitate speedy rectification. Contracts may be cancelled within 7 working days following receipt of the goods. For more information please see our delivery and returns page.
12. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with your purchase from Ryan O’Horne Books, under distance selling legislation you are entitled to cancel any contract made for goods within 7 working days following receipt of said goods. To do this, you must contact us by email via the website (www.ryanohornebooks.com) or in writing at the address below. You are then responsible for returning the goods at your own cost to Ryan O'Horne Books, c/o Callerton Parking, Callerton Station, Callerton Lane, Woolsington, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE13 8BP in the original condition, with the original, secure packaging (where possible) and original invoice/receipt. Provided these terms are met refunds will be made in the form of the original method of payment. Refunds are limited to the original purchase price, including initial delivery costs.Please note that your rights under Sale of Goods legislation are not affected. For more information please see our delivery and returns page.
13. PUBLICATION DATES ON BOOKS: Some books do not contain a specific date of publication. In such cases we match the publication date as closely as possible using publisher information, hand-written dates within the book e.t.c. In such cases the information for the book will include the word circa or it's abbreviations c. or ca. (meaning 'around' or 'about'). In such cases the publication date may be imprecise. If we are unable to match a book's publication date reliably we may use the stock, holding publication date of 1000, which does not relate to the actual publication date.
15. The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English Law.
16. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.